Home

Saturday, January 1, 2011

One One Eleven.

New Year's is such an interesting time. I realized this year how optimistic and introspective everyone seems to get as the year comes to an end. Everyone is hoping for this year to be their year, ever year. You have to admire the tenacity of humans sometimes. I love New Year's for this very reason. It's the one time everyone is looking toward the future, and no one is shaking their head at anyone's resolutions or dreams. 






Dress: Macy's $35
Tights: Target $10
Boots: Kohl's $35
Bow Necklace: Macy's, gift

I actually bought this dress a few months ago at a Macy's sale. I had seen it before, not in plus size, and fell in love. So when I found out it had been made in my size, I gasped and rushed to the dressing room. I had been drooling over sequined cocktail dresses for awhile now, and this one fit the bill for the occasion. I ended up having a small party at my place for New Year's. We usually have a rager, or go out to a show. This year I wanted something more intimiate, and to be surrounded by people who I truly love and who love me. It was fabulous. We had such a lovely time, as you can tell from the pictures. 










I made no resolutions this year like to stop smoking or lose weight, but some goals to better myself and my life. I think I'm on the path to so many wonderful things, and I am excited for the year to come. I guess I'm just another one of those suckers, but I can't help but smile looking forward. I wish you all a very happy new year! 

1 comment: