Home

Monday, February 21, 2011

Embellish Plus Boutique opens!

So I had an abolutely fabulous weekend doing my first every photoshoot for Embellish Plus Boutique! They're a new company just starting out with some truly beautiful and affordable pieces. The entire time I was putting on clothes for the shoot, I kept telling the owner that I wanted to take it all home! Susie Simpkins is the owner and creator of Embellish Plus Boutique. I've known her for years and we have always both shared a passion for plus size fashion that has driven us both. Naturally, I was very excited to see her pursue her dream! When I asked Susie to tell me a little bit about her new store, she expressed her love for the fashion industry and her want to provide trendy, fabulous clothes for every plus size girl:

"I have loved fashion ever since I could remember. Being Plus-Size all my life, I have felt like I always needed to "go the extra mile" when it came to my style. Hoping people would see past me being FAT or CURVY and just enjoy my style and the outfits I wore.

In 2005 I graduated with a B.A. in Fashion Design and Fashion Marketing. After college I really didn't do much with my degree. I continued to work different Retail jobs. I always worked in Plus-Size stores. I got very familiar with how the Retail/Fashion Plus-Size industry works. I knew one day I wanted to either have MY own store or design MY own line. I felt like there could always be MORE out there for Plus-Size girls than what was being offered. But it wasn't until 2010 I finally put all my thoughts and ideas together.

Embellish Plus Boutique sells Trendy, Fashionable, and Affordable Plus-Size Clothing and Accessories. There is a big focus on dresses and jewelry. Their Mission is to empower women to embrace their curves and let it be known that you can look and
feel great at ANY size."

These are just a few of my favorite shots I was in for the website. Please go check out her brand new shop at www.embellishplusboutique.com for more pictures and to get some really great clothes! I know I am. 








All clothing provided by www.embellishplusboutique.com

1 comment: